Apparently it’s May already, and I’m linking up with Clare for this Friday’s post. Lately, my Five Things Friday posts have been kind of boring to me, so I decided to change it up a little bit. This week, I’m going to stick to the theme of fives, but use the space to share more about myself in general than to share about my past week. Enjoy!
Five Favorite Foods
1. My college roommate’s homemade tacos, complete with homemade tortilla chips. My life was not complete until these were in it.
3. Thai food
4. Peanut butter…and bananas…preferably together.
5. Popcorn and sandwiches are tied. They are both so versatile and, most importantly, delicious.
Five Favorite Television Shows
2. The Office
3. Arrested Development
Five Favorite Beauty Products
1. Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Conditioner. This stuff is spendy, but it is sent from the Gods.
2. Burt’s Bees Deep Cleansing Wash, the only face wash I use.
3. Everyone Lotion. This is one of the best smelling lotions I have ever tried, and it goes on lightly and absorbs quickly.
4. Inis perfume. This perfume was given to me by my boss when I moved home to focus on recovery, so it has some significance to me beyond scent, but the fragrance is lovely as well.
5. The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector. This hand cream is absolutely heavenly. It’s expensive, so I use it sparingly, but it is wonderful for dry hands.
Five Favorite Books
1. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
2. What is the What by Dave Eggers
3. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
4. The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne
5. A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn
Five Fun Facts
1. I think serial killers are absolutely fascinating and I love learning about them.
2. I can do an excellent impression of a squirrel.
3. I’m related to Davy Crockett.
4. I like the experience of smoking cigars, although it is something that I do very infrequently.
5. I hated cheese when I was little, and I would scrape it off of my pizza and lick the sauce off of the crust. Luckily, my brother ate the leftover cheese piles. We were a great pair of weirdos in the lunch room.
That’s it for this Friday – feel free to share some interesting things about yourself in the comments and have a wonderful weekend!