Good morning! Today’s the first day of Spring, and I hope this new season of growth gets off to a good start for you. I’m linking up with Clare and Jenn again this week to share some highlights of the last 7 days. Enjoy!
Five Things I Ate
Steak at Applebee’s with my family. Applebee’s is definitely not my first choice of a restaurant, but it got the job done. I was so rigid about where and what I ate for such a long time, and it feels fantastic to be able to enjoy a meal with my family even if it’s not at my favorite restaurant.
Fried eggs with asparagus and mushrooms, which is a winning combination, to be sure.
Homemade pizza with all of the best toppings. I ridiculously forgot to take any preventative measures to keep the crust from sticking in the pan when I made it, which was disappointing, but this pizza made the best leftovers when heated up in the toaster oven the next day.
A taco salad while out to dinner, which was delicious!
Whole milk, cream-on-top yogurt with a Bunny Graham on top. Yogurt made with whole milk is one of the greatest foods in the world, I am beginning to believe.
Five Things I Pinned
These probably need to be made as soon as possible.
This Thai red curry paste recipe looks fantastic and pretty easy! I think my $8 yard sale food processor and I could probably handle it.
This mug belongs in my life.
Some of the best advice I’ve seen in a long time.
Five Things Making Me Happy
1. Spring has sprung around here! It’s so lovely to hear birds in the early morning when I’m getting ready for work and to take walks in the sun.
2. One of my good friends had a baby boy last week! This meant that I got to a little bit crazy with baby gift shopping, which is one of my favorite activities.
3. I decided to experiment with some new hand lotion, and I love it! It’s really lightweight and the scent is lovely.
4. I have been doing this 30-day yoga video series, and it is wonderful. It feels entirely different from when I first started doing yoga, when my disordered self was still finding ways to abuse all exercise, including yoga. The instructor is laid-back and funny, and she is all about doing what feels right rather than following rules.
5. I have been feeling immensely grateful lately. When I think about where I was mentally and physically less than a year ago, I feel incredibly blessed to be in this place now. I’m not fully recovered, but I am getting there and it is the greatest gift imaginable!