Five Things I Ate
CANDY. A few coworkers and I went out for drinks the other night and we stopped at the store to buy a little candy first. In case you were unaware, Haribo raspberries are one of the greatest things in the world.
Fried eggs. I haven’t had fried eggs in a hot minute, but they sounded good to me the other day, so I whipped some up for lunch. Here’s to eating what you want!
This granola. We got a sample of it at work and it has made for some handy snacking when I’m hungry and too busy with work to grab a bite.
Tuna, tomatoes, and cheese on sourdough bread. Most of this was fantastic, except I ended up taking the tomatoes off because broiling them resulted in an undesirable slimy consistency. At least now I know for next time that broiled tomatoes are not a pleasant taste experience.
5. These amazing cookies. Oh my word. I went over to a friend’s house for dinner and we made this recipe minus the ice cream because we didn’t have any on hand. They were incredible by themselves, though. If you love the combination of chocolate and spice, these are made for you.
Five Things I Pinned
A friend of mine swears by this scone recipe, and I can’t wait to try it.
I feel highly qualified to judge sandwiches – I might need to make these and determine whether they are indeed the best sandwiches ever or not.
It is hard to remember in the moment, but our hardest experiences can make us so much stronger in the long run.
I love pancakes oh so very much.
Five Things Making Me Happy
1. I have been loving this coffee scrub that I made a while back. It was quite easy – just a couple of cups of white sugar, a good bit of olive oil, some essential oils, and 1/2 cup or so of finely ground coffee. It smells divine and makes my skin silky smooth.
2. Speaking of coffee, check out this mug that I got for free at work. It has a tiny chip on the bottom, so we weren’t able to sell it, but I think it is adorable.
3. I got copies of the X-Rays that were taken of my spine a month or so ago, and they are so cool to look at. It’s pretty amazing to be able to look at yourself from the inside.
4. I don’t have to work on Saturday and the weather is supposed to be lovely! The weather has been making me pretty happy in general, lately. When the sun is shining, I’m pretty content even if it’s cold outside.
5. I ate the first whole hamburger that I have eaten in recovery for dinner the other night, and it was delicious. I felt especially positive about this ability to challenge myself because my therapist has been out of town for the past few weeks. I am glad to be back in the swing of things with regular appointments once again, but it feels great to know that I can progress in my recovery even when I have a few weeks on my own.
That’s it for this week – I hope your weekend gets off to a great start!