Good morning! It’s the first Friday of the new year, and I’m kicking things off by linking up with Clare to share some of this past week’s eats, pins, and musings. I hope you enjoy and have a great start to your weekend!
Five Things I Ate
A chocolate turtle that my coworker brought for me last weekend.
A Cobb salad that I got at work with chicken, bacon, a hardboiled egg, and blue cheese. It was pretty fantastic.
A mini chocolate bar that was in my Christmas stocking. I have a couple more flavors left to try, but this one was delicious!
Baklava made by my boss. I ate a bite before realizing that it most certainly contained walnuts, to which I am allergic. Oops. Until the development of a couple of sores in my mouth a few minutes later, that bite was fabulous.
A turkey and avocado panini with sour cream and onion potato chips. Sandwiches rock my world.
Five Things I Pinned
Some excellent advice.
I don’t know how successful I would be at keeping these alive, but it’s worth a shot!
West African pepper sauce. Mmm, boy. I miss African food something fierce.
Mostly, I love this because the pictures are adorable. It has some good tips for beginning a meditation practice, too, though!
Some beauty products are worth the expense, but there are some great options that are more affordable, too! Personally, I love the Wet ‘n’ Wild eyeshadow trios.
Five Things Making Me Happy
1. It’s good to be home. Nothing beats the comfort of your own home, and I am glad to be back at my own desk, surrounded by my own books, sleeping in my own bed, and cuddling with my own cat.
2. I got this wonderful question and answer journal for Christmas! It asks a different question every day, and has lines for five years of answers. The questions are really good ones, too!
3. I have the greatest friends, who gave me some wonderfully thoughtful gifts for Christmas. I got a beautiful winter headband from one friend and this gorgeous picture of poppies (my favorite flowers) from another. I love how strong my relationships have continued to be despite the miles separating me from my friends.
4. I had a fantastic visit with my brother while he was in town. As we have gotten older, our relationship was grown tenfold. I am often reminded of how different we are, but it is wonderful to know that we can have a great sibling relationship despite those differences.
5. I am working on a letter to Weight Watchers, after I received this flyer in the mail the other day. I don’t know that I will actually send it, but I want to share a bit of my story and explain why hounding people who were formerly members of Weight Watchers may not be a great idea. We’ll see how it turns out!
That pretty much sums up this past week for me. I hope your weekend kicks off to a good start!