Thinking Out Loud 10/23

Hello again! Welcome to this week’s edition of Thinking Out Loud, where I link up with Amanda to share some random thoughts with you, whether you like it or not. This week has definitely been out of the ordinary, and most of my thoughts have revolved around getting used to my new environment. So, without further ado, let’s get to it!

1. This cat that I’m caring for is most probably going to die soon.

IMG_4034

Seriously. They showed me where to bury it if (when) it happens. Doesn’t that look just say, “For the love of God, will somebody please put me out of my misery?” It lies in this position for 85% of the day and spends the other 15% staring into its food bowl. I’m generally a friend to the cat community, but this cat has so many weird tumors and bald patches that I pet it lightly, with one finger, and in carefully selected locations.

2. The dog, however, is doing fabulously.

IMG_4055

She’s friendly, cute, and keeps the bears away, so we’re thick as thieves.

3. This temporary house of mine is in the greatest location

IMG_4048

IMG_4011

It’s serene, gorgeous, and smells amazing outside. I definitely think that I will enjoy living here.

4. My left hand has seen its fair share of wounds over the last few days.

IMG_4049

I was adequately warned about the sharpness of this knife, yet I still have managed to slice myself with it twice already. It’s really an incredible knife – it cuts carrots, zucchinis, and human flesh with ease!

5. I’ve been drinking powerful water, apparently

IMG_4046

The homeowners told me that the water in this pitcher contains the power of stone, because it has three stones that sit at the bottom. I’m supposed to change the stones every few days, and leave the pitcher in the sunlight. I have no idea what sorts of benefits the power of stone carries with it, but I’m on board!

6. LOOK AT ALL OF THESE CHOPSTICKS

IMG_4022

I’ve died and gone to utensil heaven.

7. I’ve never had a particularly strong urge to speak Japanese, but it would sure come in handy now.

IMG_4057

So far, it seems like quite a few things may translate to some form of dried fish.

8. Holy cow. I am so into this book.

IMG_4058

I haven’t been engrossed in a book like this for a long time and it feels good to be back in the groove. Side note: if anybody tells me how it ends, I will hunt them down.

9. Road construction sucks. A lot.

IMG_4045

The main stretch of highway outside of this house is under construction, and it’s a real clusterfuck. It also means that walking downtown is quite the challenge, as I discovered on my little walk the other day. However, taking back ways yields some lovely views.

10. I have broken not one, but two mugs in the four days that I’ve been living here. How does that even happen? Apparently, I must be a tad bit aggressive in the morning when I’m making my coffee. In any case, I think I’m bringing a mug from home…and actively seeking replacements for the two I’ve managed to destroy.

That sums up my random thoughts for the week. Have a lovely Thursday! I’ll be trying to learn Japanese, avoiding cutting myself, and developing a prototype for cushioned coffee mugs if you need me.

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Thinking Out Loud 10/23

  1. The area surrounding that house is absolutely gorgeous. And, having just invested in a water filtration system that uses rocks to remineralize the water, I can definitely speak to how big of a difference it makes! Not only does the water taste better, but I feel like it hydrates so much more as well.

  2. Gone girl was so amazing, I definitely couldn’t put it down.

    Your temporary home is absolutely beautiful. I’m so jealous! I’ve never had rock water, but I’d drink up if I had those views. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s