I hope your Friday is off to a lovely start! I’m linking up with Clare at Fitting It All In again today for some Five Things Friday action to round out this busy week.
Five Things I Ate:
A piece of day-old zucchini bread with chocolate chips that was still surprisingly delicious.
Plain yogurt with Kashi Indigo Dreams cereal. If you haven’t tried this cereal, it is off the chain. It’s similar to Pops only you feel like more of an adult when you eat it.
Nancy’s greek yogurt, which I got on a sweet sale (notice it’s past its sell-by date). I love Nancy’s products because they are delicious and their containers are recyclable!
An apple with strawberry cream cheese, which is a winning combination.
Birthday treats that I made for work: apple crisp and chocolate Milky Way cupcakes. This may be the least attractive picture of delicious food ever taken, but they were both amazing.
Five Things I Pinned
Baobabs are the coolest trees, hence the tattoo I have of one!
Love this color scheme
Mmm boy. Pumpkin scones.
This is warm and gray and cute and every other good adjective.
1. This *insert expletive here* back injury. It’s definitely healing, but it’s a slow process. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again: when your body is telling you to stop, listen. Otherwise you could end up like me, kneeling in restaurants like a crazy person.
2. I made the mistake of trying on some pants that I bought when I was sickest, which are slightly too small for me now. This spiked my anxiety a little bit and made for a challenging evening. I’m planning a more expansive post on this, but it was certainly an irritating little setback.
3. I worked the longest shift ever this week because we were short-staffed. Luckily, I was mentally prepared for it and I feel like I was fairly on the ball the whole time. And, since I was there for so long, I got a decent amount of tips! It all evens out in the end.
4. For some reason, finishing a book has been so hard for me to do lately! I don’t know what my problem is. I used to fly through them, but lately I get bored after five pages. I just finished one that it took me an entire year to get all of the way through…and I’m pretty sure it was less than 200 pages. Maybe I need some new reading material. I’m certainly open to suggestions.
5. I’ve been challenged with evaluating my exercise. Recently, I was cleared to start running again by my physical therapist, which begs the question of whether or not I actually want to run. The time that I started running last year was the time that my disorder really took me hostage. It was a time of severe calorie restriction and painful self-abuse. I’ve been trying to consider my motivations for running lately, and I’m definitely treading lightly. It is something that I will continue to have to be mindful of, I’m sure.
Five Things Making Me Happy
1. The weather has unseasonably warm this week, and although that’s a little bit unnerving, I’m trying to enjoy it while I can. Around these parts, winter feels like it’s always around the corner. It was so warm yesterday that I was able to lie outside and read, which was absolutely delightful.
2. The best thing about warm weather is that I’m able to be outside and see all of the gorgeous leaves as they’re changing colors. It’s been wonderful!
3. I was doing some house cleaning and found this awesome device. In the age of Siri and Google, it’s hard to believe that this ever existed. I think it belongs in some sort of museum and will gladly accept bids on it.
4. I had some excellent talks with my best college friends this week, reminding me how grateful I am that I met such amazing people while I was in school, and that they are still such a big part of my life.
5. I went to a birthday party for a couple of friends this week and it was so refreshing. Since most of my close friends live far away, it was a good chance to socialize with people around my age and catch up with those I haven’t seen in a while. A year ago, an engagement like this would have completely thrown me for a loop, but this year I was able to go and have a great time!
That’s it for this week, folks. Have a great day!