Good morning and Happy Friday! I’m linking up with Clare for another Five Things Friday post this week. This week was gorgeous as far as weather was concerned, and I loved trying to soak it all up. I also worked with my favorite coworkers this week, so even work wasn’t all that taxing!
Five Things I Ate:
Eggs, vegetables, and avocado on toast. It may be boring, but it’s damn tasty.
This latte, which was kind of a big fuckin’ deal. Here’s the thing: I love anything pumpkin. Who doesn’t, right? Pumpkin is everywhere these days. Given this love, I love pumpkin spice lattes, although they’re a tad sweet for my taste. Needless to say, pumpkin spice lattes did not fit very neatly into my diet plan over the last two years. And, because I saw food as something that should always be restricted, not as an essential part of life (one of the most essential, I should add), they were cut out entirely along with any other liquid calories. When I could cut lattes out of my diet, it was a real sign of strength as far as I was concerned. It made me feel a false sense of confidence, and I loved that.
Perhaps I was feeling bold today, perhaps I realized that feeding my body is not a sign of weakness, or perhaps I am just enjoying real life too much to care anymore. In any case, I decided that I wanted a latte…made with 2% milk…with some fucking pumpkin spice syrup in it. So, after my physical therapy appointment today I went to Starbucks and ordered a latte with very little hesitation. I felt strong. I felt amazing. Just don’t tell my coworkers that I’m sleeping with the enemy, mmkay? Our coffee still wins.
Five Things I Pinned
Ah, Freaks and Geeks. You know me so well.
I, for one, love brussels sprouts, and these look fabulous.
Five Things I’m Loving:
- Weather warm enough for sandals! I gotta hang on to it while I can.
- The Fuck It Diet. This site is awesome. I got a weekly email from them today that was just what I needed to read.
- Riding my bike. With weather so lovely, I’m trying to engage in the physical activity that ranks highest on my list: riding my little ol’ bike around town.
- My dog. Damn, he’s cute. He lives at my grandpa’s house to keep him company now, but I go visit them pretty often. What really gets me is when puts himself to bed every night, curling up on the pillow next to my grandpa. It’s borderline too cute.
- Sleep! I’ve been sleeping pretty well lately, and thinking back to a year ago when I woke up in the middle of the night with hunger pains every. single. night. Thank God for a year of difference.
That wraps up this week’s edition of Five Things Friday. Have a glorious weekend!