Good morning! The sun is finally shining again, so I’m pretty darn pleased today. I’m linking up with Amanda at Running With Spoons again this week to share some of my most random thoughts of the week. Enjoy!
1. Cooler weather the last few days has meant that I can wear my ridiculously overpriced college sweatpants. I bought them for myself when I graduated college because it was the only time I could justify spending $40 on a pair of sweatpants. I guess when you’ve already spent tens of thousands another forty doesn’t seem like such a big deal. But seriously, college bookstore. Get a grip. They are pretty comfy, however…
2. I tried my hand at some artsy things this week! I’m not a natural-born artist, but recovery has felt like a good chance to try new things and see how they go. The verdict? I like collages, although I have to be careful when looking through old fitness magazines because they still have triggering potential. I indulged in fitness magazines for months in recovery, thinking they had a minimal effect on me. However, since I’ve stopped reading them I have noticed they do make me think I need to be exercising more, eating less, or improving my physical self in some other way. So, they have officially moved from a significant staple in my collection of reading materials to a craft supply!
One of my good friends and I got together last weekend and made an attempt at painting with watercolors. It was certainly fun and holds some hobby potential, but I don’t think I’ll be quitting my day job in pursuit of becoming an artist.
3. Siri and I had some good conversations this week. That girl’s always got my back, ya know?
4. Breakfast in bed results in precariously placed mugs of tea and coffee. What can I say? I live on the edge.
5. Since I have introduced my pets the last couple of weeks, here’s another for you. This cat and I have a solid love-hate relationship, but she comes when I call her and looks cute even when she’s being a complete asshole, so I guess I’ll keep her. She also enjoys lounging seductively on suitcases. And yes, I am well on my way to crazy cat lady status.
6. Honestly, I was disappointed to hear that the new season of The Biggest Loser starts this week. Say what you will about inspiration, changing lives and what have you, but I firmly believe that putting people on a dangerously low level of calories paired with intense workouts is a recipe for disaster. I had hoped that, after last season, they might see the damage of encouraging such a lifestyle, but it does not seem as though that is the case. And don’t get me started on making contestants wear their weights printed on t-shirts. Are you fucking kidding me?
7. I had some success in the realm of homemade beauty products this week. I grew a bunch of rosemary in my herb garden this year for reasons unbeknownst to me because I’m not much of a fan of rosemary. Looking for a creative use for it, I happened upon a recipe for a lemon rosemary sugar scrub. Working with coffee all of the time, my hands are constantly rough and dry. This scrub feels delightful and smells wonderful, too! I highly recommend it.
I also tried a hair mask made out of a couple of tablespoons of mayonnaise, an egg, and some honey. If you can handle your hair smelling like mayonnaise for twenty minutes or so, I would give this a shot. My hair feels ultra-soft and has a nice shine that it had started to lose.
That’s a peak into my brain today. Have a fabulous Thursday and a wonderful weekend!