It’s hard for me to believe it’s been a week since my last 5 things post…I probably need to start leading a more exciting life so that I have things to post about. Although the last week was short, it has felt pretty busy. So let’s get down to business, shall we?
5 Things I Ate
Pinto bean quinoa bake, adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod, which turned out amazingly well.
Not pictured: A delicious coconut bran muffin from work. I ate part of it and planned on saving the rest in my purse for later. Note: loosely wrapped bran muffins do not travel well by purse.
5 Things I Did
1. Answered a FaceTime call from my college roommate in the grocery store…and proceeded to talk to her while shopping and the entire duration of the walk home. It was a win-win situation. I got to see her beautiful face and she got to watch me buy beans and enchilada sauce! Totally worth the stares from onlookers that it earned me.
2. Revived not one, but two old iPods. One of these was a casualty in the depths of my eating disorder, when I was frantically biking and it flew out of my pocket and onto the road. Like many other things I’ve regained over the last year, it’s good to have it back.
3. Managed to go the entire week spending only cash I got from tips. So far, this whole budgeting thing is really paying off – no pun intended. Well, maybe a little pun intended.
4. Continued physical therapy for my back injury, the result of running too much and not listening to my body when it told me to stop last year. It’s hard to believe it’s been a year and a half and it still hasn’t healed, but that serves as proof that both the body and mind are fluid and ever-changing. Healing them takes time, patience, and effort. P.S. Not being able to bend over is the worst.
5. Hung my clothes on the line for one of the last times this summer, most likely. This is one of my favorite chores. Something about the methodical nature and aesthetic appeal of a rainbow of colors gets me. I tried to soak up this last time as much as possible. Speaking of the clothesline, this is what I saw when I looked out my window today:
Nature! He hopped across the fence before I got too close, but it was still a good start to the day.
5 Things I Pinned
One thing that makes me less bitter about cold weather: the clothes!
So much jewelry, so few funds.
I would gladly eat Indian food every day for the rest of my life, I think. Perhaps I’m living on the wrong continent.
5 Struggles of the Week
1. Accepting and tolerating weight gain without falling into unhealthy coping mechanisms
2. Tuning out the diet culture in which we are steeped
3. Getting rid of some clothes that no longer fit me in the interest if health
4. Filling up free time now that I no longer have excessive exercise and calorie counting as options. Suggestions are welcome!
5. Being mindful of my caffeine intake. I can feel those uncomfortable jitters coming back since I’ve stopped paying as much attention to my coffee consumption and I should probably stay on top of that before I turn into an over-caffeinated zombie at work.
1 Thing I’m Most Excited For
I’ve decided to move to Chicago in the spring! I will have more information later, but I am so unbelievably excited. I will get to live close to my absolute favorite, beautiful cousin Hannah, somebody I consider a kindred spirit. She has been there with me through thick and thin and I can’t wait to be in the same city!
That’s it for today. Off to work I go! Have a great weekend and head on over to Robin’s lovely blog to check out more Five Things Friday posts!